Melissa is a mom to the cutest two year old boy named Finn! She loves the outdoors and hiking and snakes absolutely terrify her. She’s obsessed with golden retrievers & huskies! 80's music is where it's at... also anything acoustic. She’s a lover of Star Wars, Game of Thrones, warm chocolate chip cookies, ice cream & of course tacos.
Melissa lives in the beautiful desert of St. George, Utah & specializes in weddings & portraits! She has been doing photography for over five years! Melissa has been learning and growing so she can confidently capture every memorable moment leading up to and on your big day for those who are getting married! Her goal as an artist is make everyone feel comfortable & their best self. She believes we all should know how truly magnificent we really are. Melissa strives to capture real genuine moments that you will treasure for a lifetime.
- How do you Describe what do you do?
I’m the ultimate hype photographer. I try to make all my clients feel beautiful and my best friend. I love creating memories for people.
- How long have you been at it?
- What has been your favorite project and why?
My 2020 Zion workshop, It was so incredible to teach a group of boss babes in one of my favorite places.
- If you could go back, what would be something you’d change from when starting out? Or what advice would you give your younger self?
Stop the comparing my chapter 1 to someone’s chapter 15. Focus on your growth and stop thinking about what others think.
- What were the hardest aspects of starting your own business & how did you overcome them?
Not comparing myself to the photographers who had more experience than me. I took workshops and any educational content I could find.
- Where do you find support for your dream and how do you keep your creativity alive?
Always listening to podcasts, reading and envisioning the life I want to live. Sounds cliche but it’s true.
- What is your favorite part of being a female entrepreneur?
Being my own boss and making my own money honnneeeyyy!
- What is one office must have? A program or tool that just makes life better?
Everlance app for Taxes! And Pixieset is amazing for galleries.
- What advice do you have for women who are still struggling to find their style/niche?
Take a day to reevaluate your goals and what you really want to accomplish and make actionable baby steps to get there. This helps with style too. Start saving photos and vibes you love and start breaking it down of what you like about it. You’ll find the pattern (:
- On your path to your current business, did you ever come across a moment where you doubted yourself? Sometimes we hit a bump in the road and we lose all faith in ourselves and our ability to create. What would you tell someone who may be in this spot right now?
ALL THE TIME. I had a few rough clients who made me question my whole talent and skill. I wanted to quite many a times.
- Who is a boss babe that you look up to?
- What is one workshop or conference/expo you’ve attended that you would attend again?
Pays to be Brave
- Have you read any books or podcast you feel are beneficial to Female Entrepreneurs that you want to share?
Earn your happy by Lori Harder 🏼 And all rachel hollis books
- What is you go to tool of your trade that you couldn’t live without?
- Who is your biggest supporter?
My husband Malcolm
1. IF YOU COULD EAT ONE FOOD FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IT WOULD BE:
Tacos & chocolate chip cookies
2. THE BEST TITLE I HAVE IS:
c. Mom & Wife
d. Lady Boss
e. All of the Above!
3. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE IT WOULD BE:
Probably Tony Robbins. It would be awesome to just have a conversation about life with him.
4. MOST LIKELY TO BINGE WATCH:
a. Reality Tv
5. MY DRINK OF CHOICE IS:
7. ON MY DAYS OFF, THE FIRST THING I DO IS:
a. Go to the gym / clean the house
b. Sleep in
c. Bottomless mimosas at brunch
d. Check all social media
e. I try to do them all
7. MY GO-TO OUTFIT IS:
a. Yoga pants and a hoodie
b. Jeans and a tee
c. Anything from H&M
d. A dress & heels
8. SOMEDAY I WANT TO:
Live in Hawaii , Speak at events
9. I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF:
a. Public Speaking
E. Other: snakes
10. I LOVE LISTENING TO:
b. Country Music
d. Gangster Rap
E. Other: all of the above